View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 09:40   #29
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

From what I understand, if you stay in the inside lane and the middle lane ‘backs up’, you are not committing an offence to overtake on the ‘near side’, so long as you do not then pull out to overtake immediately after doing so. If I catch someone up who is moving at 60 mph in the middle lane, I overtake on the near side quite often and sound my horn as I pass them. Am I committing an offence? As an old NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- I followed a car doing 55/60 mph for 11 miles in the second lane on the M6. Got fed up and overtook on the 3 rd lane and pulled back into the near side lane. The first emergency telephone I came to I stopped and reported them. Got back in the car, and caught them up still in the second lane. After around 17 miles a police car came up the m/way and the car pulled back into the near side lane in front of me. So he knew he was in the wrong. The police car pulled between me and that car following for a short distance, then pulled him over. I don’t know what happened to the driver. The thing is, this was around 10/11 years ago. Hope he got a good going over.. Today I would not even bother because nothing would happen.