View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 08:11   #25
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Ahhhhh.... Lane discipline, the lost art of motoring in modern Britain.
Not going to get on my soap box here but I have been driving since 1977, never been involved in any type of accident.
I put this down to advice given to me by my instructor, words that I truly live by when driving the car or riding my bikes.
'Always assume that every other motorist is out to kill you and drive accordingly'. he said.
There will always be someone that just has to be in front of you.. even if it means risking life 'n' limb, couple that with the sheer volume of traffic on our roads and hey presto ... you have motorway mayhem!
If there's the slightest glimmer of a space ... guaranteed some d**k is going to fill it no matter what.
Britains roads (especially motorways) have become race tracks for peeps who must be somewhere yesterday and I for one understand that but I drive with this in mind and drive accordingly, sure it's really bl**dy annoying being cut up/undertaken/brake checked etc: but i don't get all bent out of shape over it purely because the last thing our roads need is yet another angry aggressive 75 owner, and I don't need the Mrs. giving me an ear bashing over my road rage either! haha.
However ... if she's asleep in the car, I may flip the odd finger here 'n' there. shhhhh!
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote