Thread: R.I.P Windrush
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2017, 11:32   #13
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

I first got to meet Derek properly some years ago when he asked if I would help him fit his new double din sat nav.

To be honest, I was more than a little bit nervous at the prospect of pulling bits of trim out of his immaculate tourer, however Derek soon re-assured me that all would be well, and together we set about pulling out the old highline unit. Lillian kept us both refreshed with regular cups of tea and Derek proved to be terrific company, which will come as a surprise to absolutely no one! To cap it all off, once everything was in place and working, Derek presented me with a large bottle of whisky for my efforts - what a gentleman. I shall be raising a glass to him tonight.

Not long after, I decided to make the effort to get out and start attending some of the local meets in our area. I hate being late and much prefer an early arrival, but no matter how early I pitched up, there would always be a beautiful black tourer waiting to greet me. Meets just won't seem the same.

I feel privileged to have known both Derek and Lillian, and send my sincere condolences to Lillian for her sad loss.

No. 4 of 6

Last edited by Teflon; 18th December 2017 at 11:39..
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote