View Single Post
Old 7th September 2019, 20:24   #47
G.F
Regular poster

ZT Saloon CDTi 135+ & 75 2.0 V6 ppd

I've lost count. Possibly approaching 150. Maybe more.
My first car was 1979 at age 9. Anglia van. Drove it round the fields.
By the time I went to secondary school I was at twenty.

When I met my wife aged 22 I was in the 90+ total. I did list them all around that time. When she asked me "how many cars do you actually have?" I counted 33 at once! Most were cheap bangers rotting away. But also included 5 Range Rovers, 5 Jag XJs an XJS, a Beach Buggy 6 MGBs and 2 Midgets. And 6 Daimler DS420s.
I've had anything from a Lada Niva and FSO pickup to a Bentley S1. At the same time!

In 2008 I discovered Porsche 924s. Awesome cars, especially the Turbo. So easy to work on. Cheap. Reliable. Great daily drivers. After 23 of those in 8 years I had to walk away. They nearly cost me my marriage.

For me it was an addiction. A real problem. Getting in debt to buy more cars. My poor Mother had 11 parked in her garden at one point!

Now, about to turn 50 I think I have it out of my system.
I have the ZT. A ZT for spares. A 75 spares car as it's the same colour as my ZT.
I have 2 Mini Cooper S R53. One road going which my 18 yo seems to think is his, one spares car. Another R50 Mini Cooper for parts. A Peugeot 3008 which the missus uses and my Daimler DS420 which ive had nearly 30 years.
I've never had so few for nearly 40 years!
I have to stay off ebay because I cant stop looking at classic cars

Last edited by G.F; 7th September 2019 at 20:33.. Reason: Adding extra
G.F is offline   Reply With Quote