View Single Post
Old 18th April 2019, 20:00   #6
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I'm not fanatical about adding to every tankful but have a 500ml bottle of Archoil diesel additive which I am quietly working my way through.

Having slightly high readings on two injectors last year I followed the 'how to' on here and changed the diesel fuel filter and added some Tec4 ( its the stuff made by the old Forte people after they sold Fortes to Wynns)as I had an MOT coming up, passed the emissions test OK andI have added the archoil on a reasonably regular basis since just to keep things clean and lubricated I hope if these things do as advertised. The engine runs as smooth as silk ( not that it didn't before to be honest)

I suppose that the placebo effect springs to mind but i suppose that the extra lubrication and raised cetane levels equate to putting in premium diesel but at a fraction of the extra cost at the pumps. Having had my injectors tested by Duncan at this years nano meet last month the injector readings were well down on the getting a touch high ones of last year. So presumably the Forte/Tec4 with or without the continued Archoil additive have certainly helped a developing situation be reversed.

I also add Z1 lubricant to the oil once every 15,000miles or so as the speedway boys used to swear by it for its lubrication qualities when I was sliding round Newport, Kings Lynn and Carmarthen on my Jawa 897 quite some years ago.

Last edited by bendrick; 18th April 2019 at 20:05..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote