Thread: Clutch judder
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2013, 20:35   #23
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bell View Post
Thanks Andy. Already tried that trick, which has lasted a couple of months. Unfortunately the time has come to replace the concentric bearing/ slave cylinder.

Tragically, this ZT is not the testament to reliability that I thought it would be. Time for a change??? Thing is, we really like it. A lot. What to do?
Well when mine did go I just changed (almost) everything!! not the DMF!!

And you have the main problem with the manual cars in your lap now!! so if you have had a few things go already your probably at the point where it will start to get more reliable (touch wood) mine has 163k on it now and still drives tight!!

Iv'e had to do water pump and thermostat (separately) plus aux belts and main tensioner (shaft not pulley) both low preasure fuel pumps new Kenlow fan and a A/C rad split the power steering pump and resealed the gasket traced a "k"bus issue to the symphony head unit fitted new discs and pads + H/Brake shoes and compensator of course! plus a new battery!! but again thats over nearly 3 years!!

But at those miles these things are all pretty much normal wear and tear surely?? and its still cheaper than either buying a new or nearly new one and getting stuffed with the depriciation or worse still a 5/6 year old one that loses money AND still needs fixing!!

I normaly do around 500 miles a week for work so in 6 days!! it's my office and my survival kit!!

The last hicup (actualy the only brakedown!!) that I had with it was last march when the tensioner shaft cracked and threw the aux belt off AND I still managed to do 30 miles in it to get to my daughters house to borrow a car until I could get it home the next day!! (no water pump power steering or alternator!!) and that's was close to 20k miles ago!!

Me!! I'm in it for the long haul!! I really cant think of anything I would rather drive right here and now! (lottery wins excluded of course!!)

Asking me what to do is only going to get one (biased!! ) reply!!

Andy

P.S !! I like mine a lot to!! they get further under the skin the longer you have them!! - but then I enjoy working on it too!! sad init!!
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote