Thread: Towing
View Single Post
Old 31st January 2007, 07:31   #4
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

I've been towing our caravans with our R75 for over 6.5 years now with no problems. Our current van is a 5 berth Bailey Pageant, about 23 foot long and about 1200KG if I recall correctly. Our 75 is a 2.5 V6 auto and it seems to handle the van with no trouble. The only issue I have had was when going over the Cat & Fiddle route from Macclesfield with our previous caravan when the auto box made some heavy changes. This was due to being on fairly high revs pulling hard when the box decided it ought to change up. It wasn't a problem but I just felt it gave the box a bit of a hard time. This can however be avoided by carefully working the throttle or by using the 'stick to hold it in a gear.

I can't really comment on the ZT or ZTT as I haven't any experience of them, but I can't see why it should be any different, subject to the usual care you need to take when towing of course. There are certainly quite a few of us here who do tow and if you look through the 'our cars' type thread you'll see at least 1 ZTT fully loaded with a caravan on the back.

Good luck with you search for a suitable ZT /ZTT

Paul