Thread: cumbria meet
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 22:02   #8
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

Default Cumbrian Rover Rally 2010

Hi All,
Sorry been rather busy of late so haven't got round to posting details...seeing that this thread has started I think I had better get my act together and post something!

As Derek has already mentioned I am running the Cumbrian Rover Rally again this year over the weekend of 2nd - 4th July. This is a very informal event run on behalf of the Rover Sports Register (and is covered by their public liability insurance) and Rover P4 Drivers Guild and is open to all Rovers (and MG's!) of all ages. I have been running this event for about the last 15 years, and have invited members of the 75 & ZT club along for the last few.

The weekend is based out of Dalton In Furness, where we meet in a pub on the Friday night, go out for a road run of about 100 miles on the Saturday, meet for a meal in the evening and then have a shorter run to a venue of interest on the Sunday. People are welcome to come to any part of the event - it is just intended to be a chance for people with interest in Rovers to meet up and enjoy using them. You can see some details of past events on my website http://www.lakesanddalesclassics.co.uk. Look at the Classic Rover Events section. I am a bit behind so haven't updated the site much recently.

Part of the reason for not posing anything so far has been that I haven't finalised the venue for the Sunday meet yet. I had been thinking of going to the motor museum at Backbarrow, which has moved from Holker Hall but have been waiting for it to open so that I could have a look and check its suitability before committing to it. I think it may have just opened now, so I'll be looking at it as soon as I can. There are a few other options which I am considering, so I'll confirm details in a future post once I have got them sorted out.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming to part or all of the event.

Paul

ps - just to make it perfectly clear and to keep within the rules / spirit of the forum etc. this is not an official 75 / ZT club event, but IS an official Rover Sports Register event, which all members of the 75 & ZT Owners Club are invited to.