View Single Post
Old 28th February 2013, 14:55   #7
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
For the last 2 years we have has issues with one neighbour complaining about noise.
I have done everything to accomodate them. I packed away my surround sound system, only using the TV speakers, i bought surround sound headphones, i dont listen to music any more at all except with ear buds, i changed my sleep pattern to go to bed at 10 to 10.30 and invested in a sound deadening mat to place under the TV. My landlord listened to my set up and couldnt see a problem, but the neighbours wouldnt let him see what it was like in their house.

After a while with no moaning this morning my phone went off in my bedroom, which i missed. It then rang again, and while it was ringing they started banging on the wall!! It was my PHONE, just a mobile, not even on max volume. I went ballistic and had a right rant at them.

Now please is it me at fault here? They are so sensitive that a mobile ringing at 8 in the morning was enough to upset them. As it happened it was bad news i was half expecting which didnt help, but really.
You have done everything in your power to accommodate them. This is bordering on the ridiculous on their part.
I had the same situation with my neighbour. When he moved in I politely went round and said if any noise disturbed him to not hesitate and let me know. I dont have the telly loud and occasionaly put some music on. He started complaining over nothing to the extent I had to confront him and spell out I would not be liable for any actions I might take upon his person if he knocked on my door again (if you know what I mean). He stopped bothering me and 4 months later I had a visit from the council. I explained the situation and they went away on good terms. 1 month later they were round again, explaining they may have to put a sound recording meter in to record the so called noise. I said fine, be my guest, after finding out he was winding other neighbours up for silly noise related things.
He now want to move because the neighbours dont like him. Go figure

The point is, there are some **** holes in this life. Just hope he moves on or file a complaint that he is disturbing you. I feel sorry for you on this one. Personally, as said, I would now give him something to complain about for a week then go back to normal so he knows how lucky he is to have such a considerate neighbour.

Last edited by Thomas; 28th February 2013 at 19:32.. Reason: FAQ rule 2
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote