View Single Post
Old 10th February 2017, 06:36   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilljohn View Post
car about to tick over to 20k

had an issue with the alarm sounder it was disconnected from when I got the car (common issue with water getting in) so replaced with a bmw/75/zt one , and faced the other way so weather cant get in ( it lives under the rear light and faces forwards into any water no facing the rear of the car and the metal it bots to acts as a weather shield apparently the seal on the 6's isn't that good so I doubt will have another issue as the bmw version seems more weather proof , bit of a daft place to put it too mind lol

added a tuning box to the car and now it flies is the only way of putting it, would leave a 190 easily ...... if you turn the traction control off or it sits there arguing with it and flashing the light lol

quoted at about 200hp and 264nm torque brings the car alive , makes it growl , next will be an exhaust system and itg filter

only grips with the car are the use of the rubber surfaces mainly as the car was used as a disabled mobility car before I got it so there are marks dug in to the pass door card but what looks like a set of crutches which I cant clear or colour out but cant complain that much I suppose

with the messing about with the alarm box I managed to over tighten a bolt on the rear light and snapped it

so I replaced both rear lights ... total cost just over £200 for both which I though was pretty reasonable as they are huge and led for the "red" lights and arrived after 2 days so parts seem easy to get hold of ( I use https://www.ukmgparts.com/catalogue/mg6-mg6-gt-magnette) Paul Anderson in parts seems very good and is my 1st stop now unlike some local dealers that don't seem to care

again this isn't the cars fault was me being heavy handed in the cold

had 4 wheel tracking to the car and this really improved how the car felt on the road

all in all very happy with the car drives lovely no rattles and NO DOOR PINS which is bliss lol

you can feel the zt dna in the car and it makes me smile still
Well the wheels really transform the car. A lot of car for the money. Might have to get a 6 at some point, if only they done them in Yellow.

Cracking write up as well. Please keep us informed of any other 'mods'.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote