View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 12:12   #9
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, have been thinking and looking for a while now, for a newer car to replace one of ours, probably my wife's kia ceed sw. I've found a nice skoda octavia estate just gone two years old. After great deliberations I've decided to keep what we have got as both cars are going well. The main factor is the uncertainty over the price of diesel, why is it so much more than petrol? I'm just not prepared to spend £10k on a newish car. The garage has already dropped the for sale price twice and sound as if they would give me a good trade in price for the kia.
If you cars are running well, with no issues, then why spend money replacing? Until the government sorts out the pile of s***, that is Brexit, and get round to clarifying the 'diesel question' personally I would wait and see, in any case I would not replace a car that is fulfilling its function for any reason, so hang on and see what happens, also don't forget it is a buyer's market so haggle hard when you decide to go ahead, remember in any negotiating, state your point and then say nothing let the other guy come back.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote