Old 14th January 2019, 06:54   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, have been thinking and looking for a while now

The main factor is the uncertainty over the price of diesel
You and a lot of people are in the same quandy and that is why car sales are down.

I was speaking to a friend in the trade a few weeks ago and he reckons with the diesel, petrol and electric option people have and the uncertainty of what the cost of the fuel and road fund licence and then to top it off the B word it has killed car sales new and used. He has cars on his forecourt and a lot less than cost to shift them with amazing finance deals and people are not even wondering onto the forecourt to have a look. Ford are giving away diesel cars to dealers if they buy extra stock.

Apparently even fleet sales are down and that is very unusual apparently.

If you have the money and what to take a gamble you will probably get the deal of a lifetime on a car at the moment.

My money would be on petrol or petrol hybrid at the moment, diesel has had its day in my view and I reckon it will only get worse especially on newly registered cars. Electric is good but the infer structure is no there yet and the battery life is not good enough for long journeys. Another 5 years and I reckon battery is going to be the car everybody wants. When you consider the average life of a car in the UK is 7 years not much point in worrying.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote