View Single Post
Old 7th June 2017, 17:03   #4
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_1_rd View Post
...and then used a clay bar for the first time!

I'm blaming you lot for getting me into this. I've always liked to have a clean car, but only ever did wash, t-cut and polish up until now.

First you made me buy a polishing machine, then it was pads, clay kit and Collinite 476!

Already had the autoglym SRP

Anyway, with today being the best forecast weather day of the week thought I'd give the new DAS 6 a go on the boot (ended up doing the boot, roof and bonnet). A quick wash down of each panel, then first go at claying, that surprised me as to how many specs of dirt were stuck to it. Another wash down and a go with the DAS 6 and some autoglym, followed by some collinite.

Wasn't going too bananas with it and sure it would have come up even better if I'd spent longer on each panel but it's a start.

Thanks to all for the input on various threads that gave some good tips. Very useful when searching out information.

Steve

Nice work, but a little tip, when you have finished using the Autoglym SRP, buy some Autosmart Topaz, best polish on the market, and use your new DAS with a soft polishing pad, and you will see an amazing finish to your paintwork

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote