View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:41   #91
ardvark
Al

75 CDTI Tourer Auto

My personal opinion is that the Police force is like most big companies. There are to many chiefs and not enough indians. The chiefs that run the companies get silly money whilst the indians (the proper workers) don't. Like the NHS. How many wards now have non medical managers running them earning again silly money whilst a Matron could do it for a fraction of the cost and more efficiently.
When I was working for Rover up untill it "closed" we had an exercise within the manaufacturing process to have every worker accessed to determine how much "Value Added Work" was within their job description. I forget what the % was made up to but the min was in the 90's and the max was just over a 100%. All worker took part and given extra work to boost their % up. Was'nt very popular as you can imagine. The track workers had to, the team leaders had to, the lower managers had to. Then the exercise suddenly stopped.Why? When it came to the middle managers it was established that they did not add ANY "Value Added Work" to the production of the vehicle. This is what is going on within these big companies today. Police, NHS etc. Even charities are getting in on the act. I saw an avert on TV the other day asking for a donation of £150 Yes £150 to pay for an operation on these poor kids with cleft palets. Question I ask myself is how much of that £150 goes for the operation and how much goes to the "Chiefs" wages.
Sorry I digress.
This police office who issued the fixed fine for the mobile phone insident. Could it be he was'nt sure of the law? Could it be he was told it was the law by his superior? This officer is like every other worker at the bottom of the ladder. He is the one who gets the brunt of it all. If the upper management did their job properly then there would'nt be any confusion. Upper management in this case being the government. If I asked my MP to ask the question in the house of commons would it happen? NOTHING. Why? We are the workers and upper management don't talk to workers directly unless it is for a publicity stunt and even then it's a fixed setup.
This is the end of my rant and I hope I unearthed a few questions some members could think about.