View Single Post
Old 16th June 2019, 15:29   #32
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
It becomes a problem for those living around you if you have three vehicles but parking space for only one. This is a widespread problem in cities leading to antisocial behaviour.

In terms of proposed solutions, I have many that address the short-term and others addressing the long-term. These range from exponentially increasing taxes for multi-car households without private parking spaces to licence to have more than one child per household.
you made a blanket statement which I hope you can now see is inappropriate. I park both my cars and my bike on the drive or in the garage but even if i parked them on the road, your solution to limit to 1 child is too late, I have two. How does increasing tax help my children engage in sport particularly if I am on minimum wage.

With more and more households having a car per person they have greater freedom to travel. Out of town and in some areas Public transport is not yet at the stage where the car is not a viable option.

I don't know the solution but I would like to see if it is feasible, for those living and working in the same town or city to viably use public transport instead of a car. Thousands of people travel into town by public transport.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote