View Single Post
Old 14th July 2018, 07:54   #29
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi all,

Interesting thread.

Many of you know that I came across this forum while looking for a car to trundle up and down from the Tamworth to our sons in Newcastle.

I'd spent a rather large amount of time looking for something comfortable and decent to "point in the general direction and get on with it" so I'd been going through the usual suspects: Mondeo, Vectra, Passat, A4, BMW, etc. etc. Seriously considered Avensis & Mazda 6 as have had very reliable cars from both makes.

I'm sure there are great examples of these cars out there but trying to sort the wood from the chaff is a nightmare.

Anyway, it was this forum that made up my mind to go for a 75. Such a great group of people; ridiculous amounts of knowledge and experience; a bit of banter and generally the sort of place I could see myself involved in.

Now, I've sort of fallen in love with her and, with the help and support on here and at the unbelievable nano's (have you ever tried to explain what happens there to someone else? In the words of Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it") I'm looking forward to a long ownership.

Yes, I'm expecting stuff to go wrong and that'll be a pain but at least it's not a dealership sucking their teeth before presenting a four figure bill 'cus they're the only ones with the kit to fix it.

Looking forward to many more miles and years of comfortable motoring.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 14th July 2018 at 08:00..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote