View Single Post
Old 14th July 2018, 07:49   #28
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Bought mine 4 1/2 years ago. had wanted one for some time, as I thought they looked more like a Jag than a Jag.

Got it completely wrong, with hindsight I would still have got one but not this one. As a lot will know it's been a REAL pain & for the first 6 months only on the road for about 6 weeks. Wanted to burn it, drive it into a wall but got there in the end.

up until last September it was the daily drive & the only car we had. Totally reliable, comfortable & dare I say stylish. Due to the knee issues I now have had to get an Auto, wanted another convertible after the Metro, so bought the Saab.

Couldn't sell the 75 though, not then anyway, they get under your skin. they become like pets almost.

So while the Saab is a great car, a really good car, it doesn't have the same SOUL as a 75.

So decided that I'd sell & look for another one, this time an auto as I really do love the cars.

All that said, part of things is the doing it all yourself & not just put it in the garage & pay someone, which I will miss this time around. Trikey you could be busy mate

The cars should be enjoyed & if well maintained I see no reason why you can't use them daily. Yes there's always the accident situation but it can happen with any car, you don't not take the dog out for a walk because it might break a leg chasing a ball.

Many types of owners & there hopefully always will be. Don't really think it matters, if I'm honest, what type you are AS LONG AS YOU ARE ONE

Regards

Paul