View Single Post
Old 13th July 2018, 18:01   #21
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post

There are also new (ish) owners, like myself who bought the car for the long haul. I have a small reliable everyday car but purchased my 75 knowing that they are getting on a bit. I am expecting bills to keep coming in but don't mind. I just enjoy keeping old bikes and now cars going. I am planning to run it for years, and yes things will go wrong. Yes, rust will be a problem, but that's just the TLC it will need.

I am wondering how many owners on here belong to my group. For any old bike or car to keep going it needs good support and a strong following. Without this, it is VERY VERY hard to keep a vehicle running and working.

There are very some very knowledgeable people on this forum, and if any of those people move on to a different vehicle I know I for one would be struggling.
I bought my 2.5 KV6 tourer four years ago and intend keeping it for another four. It's cost me around £1000 a year in servicing so far, but it only cost £850 to buy. The most expensive thing was belt replacement shortly after purchase. So, all in all, £5000 to run (and I do use it as my main car) a top of the range luxury vehicle isn't bad at all.Of course, without the help of the enthusiasts on this forum, it might not have gone so well!
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote