View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 13:42   #420
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The things you take for granted.............

...................................... when you live on your own till visitors turn up, then you have to remember to lock the bathroom door.

My good friends from Kent arrived last Sunday, 20th. John, Lisa and their 5 year old son plus the dog. I was not sure how I would cope with a 5 year old staying with me. The dog would be fine, she has stayed with me before. My neighbour, Gerry, across the road is away on holiday so he said that my friends could leave their L/R Freelander on the drive. Looks like someone is home then.

I had prepared a chicken casserole before I went out on Sunday morning, I took the Bear to the MGOC breakfast meet at the Trevaskis Farm Restaurant. So food would be sorted for when they arrived. I got home at 13.30 and they arrived at 14.00. They had a clear run from just outside Dartford, Kent in England.
I had borrowed a camp bed from Allen so that I had a bed. John & Lisa we’re sharing my bedroom, John Louis was on my spare bed in the 2nd bedroom. That left me sleeping in the dining room.
But Lisa said that the camp bed should be in their room for John Louis to sleep on. OK by me if they was sure, that way I could sleep on the Z bed in the 2nd bedroom.

Once the beds were sorted out and they had unpacked we had dinner. Sapphire the failed Police Dog had her own bed. They had brought her food but forgot the water bowl. That was soon sorted with a large plastic tub I found in the cupboard. Love this dog, so obedient. Once we had washed up Lisa took John Louis upstairs for a shower, then teeth to be cleaned then PJ’s on. Back down he came to say goodnight to us. Dad went back up with him to tuck him in, I had a spare night light for them to plug in.
I opened the back door and let Sapphire out into the garden for a sniff and a wee.

Out came the falling down water, I had been to the Cider Farm and bought some Apple juice. Plus I had been collecting various Gin’s for Lisa to try. And a couple bottles of single malt. And they had brought wine, so that was Sunday night sorted.
It ended with me collapsing on my bed, which I broke. But I slept well. Never heard a thing till my phone went off at 06.00, it would appear that I had set my alarm. But I have no recollection.

This was how the evenings went on till Thursday. Days were spent out and about.
Monday we took the Bear, without Sapphire, to Looe. If you have never been it is well worth a visit. This was how John and Lisa had thought the traditional Cornish village should look. Monday evening we ate at Louis tea rooms up on Kitt Hill. Allen and Val joined us as well. Then after food we took my visitors to the top of Kitt Hill to see Cornwall and Devon laid out in front of us.

Tuesday was John & Lisa’s 14th wedding anniversary. I had booked the table at the Lewinick Lodge on Pentire Head near Newquay.
I had also planned a wee surprise for John Louis, who is Supermarine Spitfire mad.
There is a replica Spitfire parked in a front garden of a bungalow at the end of the runway area of St.Mawgan. It’s on YouTube should you wish to look it up.
This particular plane was a “extra” in the making of the film Battle of Britain. Was the only extra not to get blown up.

The visit to the Spitfire went off ok. John Louis was gobsmacked to see the plane.
Banana was on duty today, she had her photo taken by some tourists along with the Spitfire.
The meal at the Lewinick Lodge was fabulous. The food was amazing. I was driving to soft drink for me. But the happy couple had a couple bottles of wine.
Once the meal was over we repaired to the veranda overlooking the sea. John and Lisa finished of the wine. Then the three of them posed for photo’s taken by me.

Next visit was a trip to the cider farm, Healys. This is part of the Donald Healey family. So in the entrance of reception is 4 Healey cars. 2 Austin Sprites, 1 Austin Healey 3000 and a Healey Silverstone. All taxed and insured.
Banana was loaded up with more falling down water for my visitors to take home plus a few jars of chutney.

To be continued..................

But thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 27th October 2019 at 15:17.. Reason: Paragraph spacing
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote