View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 09:45   #419
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 4 months today we.....................

..................................... Have been our New home, and I’m still loving it. Have cooked a few more roast dinners, getting the experience back on track. Mainly as I have very special visitors coming down on the 20th and I know they like a decent roast. Need to perfect my Yorkshire puddings though, so far total collapse or so crisp I could have used the sides as paint scrapers.

House is nigh on perfect now, just a few jobs to do just need to pluck up the courage to do a bit of drilling into the brickwork. Need to get my key safe put up on the outside somewhere. Had a plumber come in to have a look at taking the bath out and a shower cubicle put in, that was a fortnight ago.
Got the Venetian blinds up but still waiting on the plinth to be fitted on the last window, have left a couple of messages, but no reply yet. I’ll give him till Friday then I’ll have to phone head office and speak to them.

The gardens are all looking good, bought a couple of hanging baskets but I need a higher ladder to get them up on the hooks above the window. Got them hanging on the bird feeder at the moment. Had to tie the bird feeder to the gate post to give it a bit more stability. The gate is still working ok, although it has dropped a wee bit.
The triffid in the greenhouse is huge but still growing, waiting for the courgettes to grow.
Garage still needs sorting out, hoping to start on that tomorrow if the rain holds off.

That is the disadvantage of living at the top of the hill ‘cos the rain hits you hard, and as for the wind...............
Lovely views across the valley when the sun is shining. On a good day I can see right across to Anthony House on the outskirts of Torpoint. On a bad day I’m lucky to see the houses down the street.

Both cars have visited the garage up at Treulefoot, Banana got there under her own power with the AA and Allen following. She has had the fuel pump relay and crankshaft sensor replaced. The Bear rattled her way up there to have her drop links replaced. We now have quiet Bear, well till I put my foot down.
We’ve had few successful meets which I put together, got a new member along the way as well.
I was going to “work” on the clubs stand at the NEC this year but having had the experience for four visits now I decided not to attend this year, one of the Green Team has taken over my hotel booking. Great fun but very, very tiring.

My friends that are coming down on the 20th are also bringing their dog. She is a failed police dog originally named Petal, but she now has the name of Sapphire. I’ve looked after her a few times when I lived up in Essex. So obedient but docile. She guards my friends son with her life, he pulls her about but she takes no notice. If their son is tired he will lay down with her and they snore together.
So looking forward to them coming down from Kent in their LR Freelander.
Whilst they are here they will be celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary.
So some falling down water is needed, so I’m off to the Cider Farm to get stocked up.

So other than that I’m still very happy to have made the decision to live here in Saltash.
So No Going Back.........................

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

Will get some photo’s posted up over the next a few days.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 8th October 2019 at 09:48.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote