View Single Post
Old 6th October 2013, 18:13   #30
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

This weekend, I've been home from uni, and just taking the 75 out for drives for no other reason other than wanting to go for a drive!
It was interesting to see how much better it was to drive in light of all of the pre-MOT work. I drove in a manner not entirely befitting a 75 at times, but, with the manual box, the 2.0 is a very agreeable companion, which sounds rather delightful. The ride quality is back to its usual magic carpet standard, and the brakes are a bit better than they've been for a while. It's never fails to impress me, how well a 75 copes with being pressed on hard.
Today, I decided it was only fair that I give the car a proper clean, consisting of a very thorough wash, with the arches, and underneath being a priority. I then gave it a couple of coats of Autoglym super resin polish, and a quick coat of Collinite 476. Tyres dressed, wheels given a quick coat of Collinite, and I was happy enough. Absolutely no point in dressing the arches in this weather, living in the country. Unfortunately, while on my fast road run yesterday, I must have clobbered a few substantial insects, as my front numberplate has a large crack in it.
So, here are some photos from yesterday's run, and some, post-clean, today!
I'll do a wee update on the P6 later this evening, for those interested!

I'm always impressed with the way that it cleans up, given that it's never lived inside in my ownership, and has done a reasonable number of miles in my tenure. I don't think I'll sell it any time soon.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote