Old 16th September 2020, 20:08   #154633
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Aways admired Guide Dogs

When I was at work we had a Blind man work as a telephonist,when it was going home time,Peter and his Guide Dog would walk about a mile into the city to catch the bus home to Dereham,I was always amazed that the dog always got on the correct bus,How did he know?

We have sponsored a Blind Dog (see advert on TV)a few quid a month do not go amiss.

Thank you.

Some probably know that our Quizzie was a Guide Dog puppy bit didn't make it so we bought her back as we'd had her from 8 weeks old and puppy walked her for about a year.

She's now used at Guide Dog puppy class for new (human) puppy walkers to get used to handling a dog and the commands etc. while they wait for their first Guide Dog puppy.

As to how the dog knows which bus to catch I have no idea but they are ridiculously intelligent and are trained to deliberately disobey a command if it's unsafe - hence the advert about the dog that saved someone's life.

It's a bit like being on this forum, it's a whole, big, family with all sorts of links and support. .

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote