Old 12th December 2018, 17:55   #57
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
Hello all,

I've just got back from a trip from Fulbourn (near Cambridge) to Poole (in Dorset - I'd recommend it to anyone!) and back - it was a lovely drive with the Rover on top form. I also saw a lot of 75s on my travels, which was very encouraging.

I filled up at Canford Heath Asda and reset the trip computer just after lunch and the traffic condiitons were such that although I went M27, M3, M25 and M11, it was pretty much a steady 60 mph all the way so I decided to see if I could beat my previous MPG figure over a longish distance.

By the time I got off the M25, it was reading an average of 61.4 MPG and slightly faster traffic conditions on the M11 brought that down to 60.1 by the time I got home, however I'm pretty pleased with that. My car under reads consumption slightly so that's most likely actually about 57 to 58 MPG in reality but I think that on the right day I can probably achieve the magic 60 ;-)

Here's the evidence, apologies for the lines on the display. I like that in the second pic the range is 612 miles, with 175 already on the clock. That's a bit ambitious, but I regurlary get over 600 miles from a tankfull. What a superb car!

Cover you and raise you 4.----

COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote