View Single Post
Old 4th July 2011, 16:32   #9
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Hi All,

Just up the road from where I live, is a 75 Saloon that has been sitting for a couple of months, so I thought I would go and ask what is happening with it. My intention, if the price was right, was to buy it, and take off the bits that I want to bring my 75 up to scratch.

So, this car is a V reg, diesel saloon. The interior looks immaculate (but is a different colour to mine, so changing some of that isn't possible now). It has no Tax, but was MOTd in January, and hasn't moved since then. I was told that it has 200k+ miles on the clock, but has had a new gearbox. He also had both front suspension arms replaced for the MOT and also had a hydraulic problem and that was sorted at the MOT too. It's got what looks like 4 new tyres (probably for the MOT). There is a bit of rust on the near side rear wheel arch.

The gent said that he is actually looking to sell the car, and when I asked how much he wants, I was told that £700+ was what he was looking for, but he would be prepared to take less.

My question to all you out there in rover-land, is, what would you think is a sensible price for this motor (remembering that I want to strip it really to keep mine going).

Thanks in advance
Richard.
I'd say as a rolling project it's OK but if all you want to do is break it for spares then, apart from being a waste of a working car, it's an expensive way to get a replacement door.