View Single Post
Old 14th September 2019, 07:10   #827
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Jules. Have you got a satnav? If you have got the Europe maps on it, I suppose you could go your own way. It may be better if we all stick together in bunches of around 5/6 cars. If we stick to around 70 mph where we can, we will keep out of the way of lorries who normally travel around the 50/60 mark. In some parts on the m/way, lorries are not permitted to move out of the first lane. Don’t worry if once you get into Belgium your tyre noise increases on certain sections, it’s normal. Wider the tyre, worse noise.The problem is, if we split up altogether and something happens, you are on your own. And no one will know until you phone us and tell us. I suppose sat navs will give slightly different ways to get there to the first stop for lunch at Kalken near Gent, Lucnh Garden, But it will get you there.My mate and I always take our satnavs and have them both running and they give varying ways to get to the same place. No problem and no need to panick. So all in all, it would be better to follow my leader. Not long now Jules.
Cheers! Its just the AA Route finder gives you three different alternatives, I usually print one off for a reference but will use the Sat Nav anyway.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote