View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2021, 08:43   #23
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Dave,

You didn't test yours on the bench to verify your theory did you. You assumed that it was because of what it looked like. Had you filled it with water as I recommended, you would have found out that the seam wasn't leaking after all.

You should not tell people to change the thermostat saying that the seam is leaking when you haven't proved it.

Definitely not Dave. Firstly "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and secondly you'd more than likely end up with an incorrect 82˚ thermostat replacing your perfectly serviceable and correct 88˚ original part. Where's the sense in that?

Simon
Simon

I did not test it as per you recommended as over the years i have done loads of these and have seen lots that have split on the seams as im sure other members have as well

What is the point of refitting and old unit back which will almost certain leak?, There is no point mincing about spending ages trying seals etc when i can change all the parts and bleed it up in just over an hour so quite simple Simon really to me job done owner happy?

Dave
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote