View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 19:32   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
This is the thing. You say 'we', meaning you and yours. You forget how self entitled, self important some folk are. Or even the 'I forgot the tin opener' crowd. There simply are too many variables, to monitor it.

This whole relaxation of the lockdown is, in my view, an experiment to test the waters. If it works great, but if it doesn't and infection rates rise more than expected, it can be locked down again relatively painlessly. Baby steps.

What happens if it locks down again,and the self entitled (as was proven at the beginning of this lock down), say, I have 2 more days to go, so I am staying for the two? Then get fined for driving the 100 miles home.

Quite simply, theres no need to go caravanning. Another couple of weeks will do no harm to wait it out.

Add in the jealousy factor of those who cannot get away too. They destroy your van, or vandalise your house. I bet there would be the odd instance of that too. Insurance, police will all come under criticism for not doing enough to sort it.

Ryanair are talking of 1000 flights per day, in July, caravans can wait until then.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I thought and perhaps foolishly made the judgement on how I would act that it would help get one industry on the go.

A need to go caravanning or on holiday may be not for the holiday maker but the holiday operator may feel somewhat different.

I'd be happy to sit in a field if sunny and the caravan if not and not as much as I would want to, not go for a walk.

oh well as I'm one of the good ones, I'll have the site all to myself

As for Ryanair, I think all airlines are going to struggle as a lot of people will be to worried to be in such close proximity to strangers.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote