View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 18:21   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
We can travel to exercise so one may need to refuel anyway.
I also said not sure about this, perhaps no more then 5 night stays so people don't need to go shopping but then I think Tescos will deliver to a caravan site so no visits to the shops is required.
I understand what you say about perhaps infecting someone in that area causing a lockdown, I cant argue hard against you on that

If we were to go away for 5 days, we would not need to shop, we have our own facilities and if we were not allowed out for walks in the hills would take to sitting in or just outside the caravan but a change of scenery would be a moral boost.
If I compare this to going on public transport, into shops or back to work I feel safer in my mobile home then any of those places.

macafee2
This is the thing. You say 'we', meaning you and yours. You forget how self entitled, self important some folk are. Or even the 'I forgot the tin opener' crowd. There simply are too many variables, to monitor it.

This whole relaxation of the lockdown is, in my view, an experiment to test the waters. If it works great, but if it doesn't and infection rates rise more than expected, it can be locked down again relatively painlessly. Baby steps.

What happens if it locks down again,and the self entitled (as was proven at the beginning of this lock down), say, I have 2 more days to go, so I am staying for the two? Then get fined for driving the 100 miles home.

Quite simply, theres no need to go caravanning. Another couple of weeks will do no harm to wait it out.

Add in the jealousy factor of those who cannot get away too. They destroy your van, or vandalise your house. I bet there would be the odd instance of that too. Insurance, police will all come under criticism for not doing enough to sort it.

Ryanair are talking of 1000 flights per day, in July, caravans can wait until then.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote