View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 17:58   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
there is no reason why a caravanning trip could not be postponed for a month or two. The relaxation of the restrictions is only a matter of hours old lol.

Overnight stays, with or without a caravan, of any length has the potential to spread the infection and not have any kind of monitoring/tracking of it.

If you go to somewhere a hundred miles away, you go into a Tesco (for fuel or food). You infect someone, without knowing it, then that area has perhaps a small spike, and causes that town (for example) to lockdown. Meanwhile, after 5 days you return home, however on the 6th day you begin to show symptoms, as does a lot of people in your home town - which is where you were originally infected. It locks down and spikes its figures. You though, are blaming the town you visited for your infection, when in fact it was you that infected the town.

That is a simplistic view of it, but what I believe is the reasoning behind the restriction on overnight stays (reduces the risk).
We can travel to exercise so one may need to refuel anyway.
I also said not sure about this, perhaps no more then 5 night stays so people don't need to go shopping but then I think Tescos will deliver to a caravan site so no visits to the shops is required.
I understand what you say about perhaps infecting someone in that area causing a lockdown, I cant argue hard against you on that

If we were to go away for 5 days, we would not need to shop, we have our own facilities and if we were not allowed out for walks in the hills would take to sitting in or just outside the caravan but a change of scenery would be a moral boost.
If I compare this to going on public transport, into shops or back to work I feel safer in my mobile home then any of those places.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote