View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 17:30   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The holiday industry like many others is dead at the moment.

I am off the opinion that caravan sites could open providing :-

caravans had their own facilities, no open toilet/anything blocks
pitch distance was increased, CL's should be OK with 5 caravans, caravan club sites could have 3/5 of their pitches in use.
no "club" house
people keep 2 meters apart.

not sure about this, perhaps no more then 5 night stays so people don't need to go shopping but then I think Tescos will deliver to a caravan site

I think I'd go away in the caravan.

your thoughts?

macafee2
there is no reason why a caravanning trip could not be postponed for a month or two. The relaxation of the restrictions is only a matter of hours old lol.

Overnight stays, with or without a caravan, of any length has the potential to spread the infection and not have any kind of monitoring/tracking of it.

If you go to somewhere a hundred miles away, you go into a Tesco (for fuel or food). You infect someone, without knowing it, then that area has perhaps a small spike, and causes that town (for example) to lockdown. Meanwhile, after 5 days you return home, however on the 6th day you begin to show symptoms, as does a lot of people in your home town - which is where you were originally infected. It locks down and spikes its figures. You though, are blaming the town you visited for your infection, when in fact it was you that infected the town.

That is a simplistic view of it, but what I believe is the reasoning behind the restriction on overnight stays (reduces the risk).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote