View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:32   #35
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Thanks to all involved for keeping us informed of the plenum issues, especially this useful thread. Today, went out took daughter to school then off to take mumsy to post office, parked at mumsies and car would not start , turn ignition it all lights up and nothing, not a glimmer, nothing, zip squat, lots of swear words later and checks under bonnet scratching of head and I remembered what all you said about plenums.

Was not sure it would be that, as I have done them ( admitted not lately ), and there were no leaves at that time ( i dont live or park near trees ) , just water that does not come out without a prod... the lip on the rubber drain hole doesnt help, but anyways pulled it all out as described in this thread , and hey ho, all that rain last night, and I had a duck lake.

Quick prod with my flexible cane strip and water wooshed away. Got into car, turned ignition and she fired up. Quickly drove Mumsy to the post office and back home keeping car ticking over incase, then came straight back home and decided to check again for sure, plus I had a new pollen filter to fit but weather had been against me.

Decided to flush tube with hot water to remove any residue,(lifting ecu out of the way of course) looked clear but nothing to lose with a good hot soak... all clear, dried it all out, removed dirty wet stinky pollen filter and put a nice clear white one in, all back together and firing first time everytime.

SO, the moral is, when the nice guys on here suggest we "check your plenums Weekly" it is probably a Good Idea , as I shout that loudly to myself !!

Cheers all. signed relieved.
Seafrost is offline   Reply With Quote