View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 06:40   #16
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The earth wire is connected to the cooler it's self one of the first things i discovered when i first bought my blue tourer back in 2010.

Only touched and it broke free.

Cut the wire back and added a new earth wire to the point, the scotch lock was later replaced with another connector and some heat shrink.

Martin.
Make up a couple of these one for the front and one for the rear, twist wire together.

add a little heat shrink

Then heat it onto the end.

replace these with yours and the light should go out, always best to check the pads at least twice a year by removing the wheel and checking.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your replies, in picture one the stub with the socket screw has corroded away by about 60% so I have to be careful there cleaning up the corrosion and replacing the socket screw with a longer hex head screw with a nut to lock it down. Then find a suitable earth point or drill a small hole into the spare wheel well and use a self tapper. Got to also look at getting some extra support for the cooler as most of not all of the bracket has rotted away, may have to be cable tied temporarily.

Regarding the brake pad sensors I had the back bypassed but the wires were broken just as they go into the plug, had to hack back of the plug away to try and solder them, it wasn't a very good job but worked but may have let go. Trikey is sending me a spare plug to make a bypass as I don't have any until I have time to troll round any breakers.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote