View Single Post
Old 10th January 2020, 10:20   #15
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Alan,

I already know that you take the opposite view to me on this, and indeed on many other topics. To answer your questions though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Simon, please show your proof.
It's freely available on this forum (April to June 2018).
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
How many samples did you test? How the control was monitored etc. What you used to determine the current characteristics of the material in each group of belts tested etc.
I did not carry out laboratory tests. My investigation was pragmatic on my car only. My belts were 19 years old and were perfect. They could have continued in service for many more years. A handful of other club members have reported the same findings. That's sufficient proof for me that the six year rule is not technically based.

I could also issue a similar challenge to you. How many KV6 belt failures have been proven to be caused by age or faulty tensioner and/or idler pulleys?

I do not want to get involved in a lengthy and repetitive exchange with you Alan. For one thing, it's a distraction from the question posted by the author of this thread. He has now heard both sides of the argument and can make up his own mind.

Best wishes to you.

Simon