View Single Post
Old 30th May 2018, 18:31   #190
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Been to the solicitors...........................

.................................... As recommended by the estate agents. I phoned to make an appointment today as I had a query on the paperwork that they sent me.
I found the car park in the town ok, Billericay in Essex, and parked Banana up. A traffic warden came breezing over quite rapidly, I though give me a chance to buy a ticket. But no, he came over to pay me a compliment on Banana. "Stunning car, never seen one like this before. I had one in Trophy Blue, lovely car but had the perishing K series engine. It gushed it's water out everywhere. Had to scrap it, too expensive to repair". And that was all in one breath.

He pointed me in the direction of the pay and display machine, £1 for two hours. Not as cheap as the car park in Looe, £1 for two hours. I'm learning the 'Cornish' way.
I presented myself at the solicitors at 10am. Oh! My! The solicitor was stunning, oops!!!!! Wrong thoughts.
She shook my hand and ushered me into her office. Where she immediately put me at ease, just like the man from the removal company yesterday. She made sure I had brought all the papers she wanted, buzzed the assistant in and gave her the papers to phot copy. And the assistant asked me I would like a tea or coffee. Coffee please, no milk or sugar please.

She returned with my papers and my coffee in a mug and a plate of biscuits. The solicitor also had a mug of coffee and she turned to me and said, "Tuck into the biscuits before I nosh the lot". I wasn't expecting that.
With all the paperwork filled out it was time for me to leave, and my debit card was a bit lighter as well.
I returned to Banana feeling very happy. That's another hurdle completed.

I drove home via Michaels to swap the cars over. Now home with Redfive.
I'm getting there gradually. Still not getting excited though.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote