View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 22:50   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I popped into my MOT tester today to book an MOT for next week. He was telling he has tested 5 diesels today and 4 have failed the new test . 2 are booked in for some work but the other 2 will probably be scrapped as he reckoned the owners were thinking of getting petrol cars anyway and they were quite old.

I wonder how many diesel powered cars will be scrapped this year because of the new MOT?

He was also telling me he has failed a car because of no reversing lights and another because of an engine management light.
I can see this being the beginning of a cull of old bangers, not before time either.

No one with a well cared for car will have anything to fear, the MOT test even in it's new format is still a basic test of roadworthiness.

I had to chuckle earlier today when the car presented at the testing station I had the ZT emission tested at, failed on a bald tyre, inoperative screenwash and split wiper blades......it's first MOT.

Not everyone treats their car like a family pet, to some people they are a means of A to B and nothing more.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote