View Single Post
Old 7th March 2019, 09:44   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker View Post
If a name or message etc. is still available and nobody else has it in Western Australia - then it will cost you less than £750 and that is for a super duper special and coloured plate, should that be what floats your boat. Less if you can shoe horn your message into a different style plate. I have "WEARSIDE" and it cost me $80 a few years ago and purchased to reflect my shelf company name and chosen at a moment in time when i was incredibly homesick. An affliction i have since recovered from and am in full remission of. (A desperately sick and terminally ill parent requiring 5 short notice visits to UK in 18 months will do that to you and more). Still miss the football, however, now that my team's fortunes are on the up and they have started winning again, albeit in a frustratingly lowly division.
You get ripped off for supposed numberplate exclusivity in UK. Still think it looks stupidly naff when you see people relying on 3's or 5's to resemble E's and S's etc. It is starting to creep in here too and hate it.
Best clever one i have seen here is "BAA BAA" and seen on a black Jeep, as well as "INCEY WINCEY" on an Alfa Spider. We still get the boy racers and their 2KWIK4U'S and UNVME's etc. but there are plonkers everwyhere you go.
I like the incey wincey one lol. I like plates like that. Still wouldn't buy one, especially if it related to the car. There used to be a vw polo near me, that had something like wxi 80. I can't remember the identifier but it used to be on an Audi 80, and used to see an Audi a4 with the numbers 320 on it. Obviously previously owned a bmw. In saying that 1,2 and 3 digit plates do rise in value. But to me if they identify a previous car it looks wrong.

My old boss was obsessed with getting personal plates, spending what I heard was a 6 figure sum for 1ia. Ia being his initials. His money though and he did work for what he's got, so fair play to him.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote