Old 1st September 2018, 09:29   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
Quote:
Also useful to check how old tyres are when you buy them. A year or two back I bought new tyres in Portugal for my motorhome and found one 'new' tyre was 3 years old.
I took it back and got it changed. The tyres were a common van size so it was a case of poor stock rotation somewhere along chain. I always check now when I have new tyres fitted.
HI Tony.
The highlighted section above was the was the reason why I got the tyre place to first order the new tyres for my FL2.

I did not just do a drive in and ask can you change my tyres because as you say how old are they when they are fitted, when I go there yesterday I saw the tyres just inside the fitting bay looked them over first to make sure they were all the same, no rotational ones, but I could not see the DOT number, therefore went in and asked the chap behind the counter have my tyres arrived and can you show me the DOT number on them when was they manufactured.

He turned the tyres over one by one and the DOT was 0518 except one which read 1517 I said that one is almost a year older, I want it changed to same as the others please, his reply was we do not know what date would be on them when they arrive, never the less I said you can surely ring round and ask do you have a tyre same make made this year the week does not really matter, so I am now booked in for Monday to have them changed once again I will be checking before fitting.

The one that are coming of the FL2 are 3713 which make my tyres 4years and 51 weeks old, meaning i have 1 years and 1 weeks left till your tyre is the recommended age of renewal.

They have about 2mm on them at the moment so being as winter is heading our way combined with it's mot next week they are being changed.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote