View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 19:44   #14
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Skoda Superb? One of the most roomy cars Ive ever had the pleasure of travelling in.

I have spoken to a couple of young motor mechanics “ well under 40” both of them work on loads of modern tin boxes. They have both told me to stay clear of the Superb, even John Bewick an engineer who was just starting in the LMP pits as I was stoping has warned me of the Superb.
I have owned every 75 out there but not a limo. When I was in Germany I had a V8 great for the long distance between sites happily went down the Autobahn at two and a half miles a minute.
Not so good on the fuel. The V6 are nice but still thirsty. I have never liked the K series after working on them for Lotus. And we currently have a pair of oil burners one saloon which from the front thinks it’s an MG “ nothing to do with me” I bought it like that. Then there is my Tourer or mibby I should say Hamish’s Kennel.
She is mapped to 158 Bhp with 302lbft torque at the front wheels. Fantastic for towing the caravan all 1540kg of it.
I can’t imagine life with out my Rovers. I have gone full circle from my first 75 more than fifty years ago to my first new 75 on launch night. I loved that car but sadly it died saving our lives just outside Oban what must be ten years ago now. 380k on the clock and sweet as a nut a top of the range Diesel with every extra the factory and the dealer could fit to it. I really miss that car. But as I said we ended upside down with the bonnet on the grass verge and the boot lid on the mountain side with the cabin in the river cutting the car was totalled but the cabin was perfect. My wife got a broken collar bone from the pretensionar firing. But we both walked away from the car. I don’t think we would have been as lucky in a eurobox. Used to do all works myself but old age, arthritis, and the injury to my back from when I broke it mean that I have to relay on the local garage to work on them.
But I would still like something a little bigger in the rear. Thanks everyone.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote