Old 23rd July 2019, 19:22   #2
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
Hi folks

Does anyone know much about caravan leisure batteries?

Ours needs replacing as on our last break the motormover kept cutting out after a few seconds. Also, the battery itself was getting hot so clearly there's a charging issue

Anyway, I'd like to get a new one, and the easiest way is online, but this means going to the van to get the old one out as reference. Storage is not too far away, but we're currently having a spate of roadworks bringing our area to gridlock, so I'd rather just get the new one ordered and save a trip!

Our van is a 2009 Lunar Clubman ES. I did think about contacting Lunar, but sadly they are currently in receivership and thus I don't think the phones and/or email are being manned

So, are all batteries pretty much the same physical size? I don't want to get one that won't fit in the orifice! Also, are the poles usually the same orientation, as again, would be loathe to get one and find the terminal leads didn't reach!

I can see that I'll doubtless have to pop to the 'van, but trying to avoid this if possible!

Thanks for any wisdom that anyone can impart
They come in a variety of sizes (and power ratings) - the only safe way is to measure what you've got and also the battery compartment to see what it would take as a maximum. If you're using a motor mover I would suggest the absolute minimum would be an 85 AH - 100 AH or more would be better.
I got a new one (my old one went down the same route as yours) from here back in April

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote