Old 24th March 2019, 13:06   #25
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte850 View Post
Hi folks,

I am going on holiday this year to France and thinking of taking the 75, however with her getting on a bit I am worried that I will constantly be thinking somethings going to happen reliability wise. I live just outside Edinburgh so the overall trip will be about 1500 miles roughly.

She has done 69425 and has had considerable recent expense. I have kept her for high days and holidays since 2015 (summer use only) when she ceased to be my main car. I have had the auto box fluid changed in the last year along with a full service. I have had the cambelt and auxiliaries changed along with fixing a cracked thermostat. The car has had a pretty cossetted life but still the unexpected could happen. She now has classic car insurance which includes UK and Euro breakdown so some piece of mind.

What do you guys think, needless risk? or sensible idea?.
Then go forward my man and enjoy the journey, any car can breakdown, I should not be worried, so long as you have the car serviced well, make certain you have a spare wheel/tyre, NOT a 'spacesaver', spare oil, bulbs, and ALL the European legal requirements are met, also READ the European cover policy carefully to ensure you know what is covered exactly, then enjoy before Brexit turns a journey such as this into a military operation (or not!).
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote