View Single Post
Old 18th March 2018, 17:57   #9
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
It would be interesting to see how the numbers compare with other cars from 1998 to 2005. I doubt there is too much support for the older Mondeo or Vectra etc. Apart from the small band of modifiers and rare hotter versions of mainstream cars I’m sure they are disappearing too.
No scientific evidence but when I've made similar checks on my Fords it seems quite normal for only 10% of original production to be still around after about 15 years and only the most desirable models (think RS Turbo, XR3i, Sierra Cosworth etc.) after bout 20 years with just a sprinkling of 'barn finds' of the lesser types.

With values for our cars at rock bottom and insurance companies unsympathetic, any small bump or minor MOT failure will result in all the remaining (non-enthusiast owned) cars going to the crusher.

On the positive side, on the M25 this afternoon, in the snow, I spotted a black ZT, a 214 or similar, a K reg 820i fastback or similar plus a couple of ZS's. Not together and not going in the same direction.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote