View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 18:37   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
harry i have a 4g mobile which is on o2 if you are out and about it should be connected to your providers network but as soon as you reach the range of your home network it should automatically move on to your home hub to save your mobile data. have you connected your phone to your home network and put in your routers password etc if in doubt contact your provider and they should be able to talk you through it rgds mark

Yes, I have it able to connect to any of my 4x access points (two of each variety) - all working fine. I just wondered about what it might do if I got it a mobile data package, in regards to switching between mobile and wifi.

If it defaults to wifi when wifi is available that is what I want. I see it can also support tethering, so I could use it whilst away in the caravan for my laptop's access. I presently use a a separate gadget to give wifi from Three 4g. So potentially one less gadget and one less mobile package.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote