Thread: BT problem.
View Single Post
Old 7th December 2018, 00:02   #36
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I don't think any of us are suggesting the moment your broadband slows down or drops out you should contact the CEO. If its a persistent problem and they are failing to solve it, then should we just keep paying the bill and accept a bad service?

Yours is a very mature attitude and one that I fully support.

However, if you read some of the earlier posts, they are suggesting exactly what you are not.

In fact, from what the OP has written, he has only had one engineer visit that fixed the problem but it has reappeared.

There appears to be general lack of understanding of how sophisticated our telecomms service providers are terms of gathering, reporting and analysing faults in order to detect patterns and take remedial actions.

Telecomms is the most heavily regulated of any British industry or service sector and the service providers are required to report to the regulator Ofcom details of their service performance, faults etc. on a regular basis, with fines being imposed for unsatisfactory performance.

People thinking that service faults or complaints get brushed under the carpet if not highlighted to the CEO are showing a complete lack of understanding of the industry and how it operates.

We should be celebrating and supporting instead of criticising one of the few industries where we are still world leaders. Except of course hairdressing and coffee consumption.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote