Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2018, 13:24   #164
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Almost Ready

My project 75 is almost ready for the road.
I’ve spent about 2k on this car and that’s not including the purchase price. It’s now sitting with four new tyres on refurbished 16” Unions, full suspension overhaul with new rear springs, new brake discs and pads and a full service on engine which included new cam belts, water pump and thermostat, auto box fluid changed and even the power steering and brake fluid changed.
I’ve still got over a month tax & MOT left on my current Wedgwood V6 at which time I will tax the Zircon Silver and transfer my personal plate.

I’ve still got the air con to be re charged and the supply wire for my Angel Eyes to connect. I’m also going to replace the rear number plate as my current 75 smiley plate has a flaw showing through the yellow reflective backing. I’m going to get the S Type Jaguar shaped one as I think it sits better having tried one in place. I’m getting the same for the back of the Merc as the current aluminium one has sharp edges and already I’ve cut my hand when washing the car.

So I will be advertising the Wedgewood soon but I’m not giving it away as the condition it is in and work I’ve done will reflect on my my price. I will of course be selling it with a fresh MOT when the time comes.

Sometimes I think I’m crazy to have spent all this money on a car that’s just the same but it’s not really as the Zircon has quite a lot that the Wedgewood one doesn’t have especially the sunroof which I missed not having.

Here’s a shot of the Zircon as she currently looks.

Can anyone spot what no one else has on their 75 (to my knowledge)
Sorry Walter you’re excluded as you know what it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CE149777-8B59-4C30-8E1B-E724914410B2.jpg (20.0 KB, 30 views)
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote