View Single Post
Old 12th December 2006, 20:59   #66
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
Hello Zeb

I don't doubt that what you say is true ( I mean, would YOU lie to ME? ) but for the moment it would seem that the Chinese are some way off when it comes to car construction for the reasons I've already stated. So, if the Roewe does make it into the UK and the rest of Europe I don't think it will be for a few years yet.

There is also the misguided general public perception of Rover - too many people thought they were bad cars anyway because that's what's been drummed into them by the likes of Jeremy Clarkson and other parts of the media, so to them the Roewe will probably appear to be a cheap eastern version of what was already a bad car. If the Chinese do decide to sell it here then I reckon they have to get it right first time because the media will not give them a second chance.

Bas

What worries me is if we get a Chinese version of Jeremy Clarkson Having said that, I'm sure that the Chinese government would have him run over by a tank if he bad mouthed their car industry in the same way as the British version did

"Eliza ... Where the devil are my slippers?"
JP53 is offline   Reply With Quote