View Single Post
Old 6th November 2010, 17:11   #10
sof007
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I've been keeping an eye on my mpg out of interest. I have been upgrading parts as per the recommendation on this forum and it has increased my mpg from about 40 to 45.

Since I got the car i've done the following:
Replaced MAF with OEM Bosch part (got cheap from SMC Trading) - This increased the mpg in comparison with having the MAF unplugged (42ish to 45) but actually decreased it 0.5mpg from the duff one (negligible I know). I think this is probably due to my driving style when you actually have proper power under your right foot.

I also cleaned the EGR and installed the new type PCV and also fitted new Viton O-Rings as the old ones were totally shot. These three updates/fixes seemed to raise the MPG from 40 to 45ish.

I do about 50miles cruising at 60ish and 15-20 stop start urban driving a day so I'm happy with an overall figure of 45mpg.

I do still have the thermostat to do as my car rarely gets above 70deg as per the OBD (think I'm gonna try the quick fix way outlined on here by Wuzerk for this). There seems to be varying reports as to whether this will increase the mpg or not but either way it can't be good for the engine to be running consistently 18-20deg below what it should.
sof007 is offline   Reply With Quote