View Single Post
Old 14th August 2016, 00:41   #13
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
while you don't need a passport for northern Ireland the ferries seem to want them .
There's a reason for that it's actually to do with smuggling of kids and babies. Was a problem with travelling families around 12 years ago and now it's required when boarding but not booking.

Seems to be plenty of interest. I will make enquiries after our annual owners day on the 28th of August.

I will get hotel prices at the local and newly refurbished holiday in and also at the local Hilton which truthfully has everything including bar, reception etc etc.

I might be able to swing something else locally also.

Obviously the big ones would be Bushmills distillery, dark hedges, giants causeway, titanic museum, Crumlin Road. Jail, baleek pottery (which is sadly the other end of ni).

Over 5 days / 4 nights would be ideal giving everyone a chance to arrive on 1st day/night depending where they sail from, and get settled in.

Day 2 would likely be the Belfast places, titanic museums and get your otitis taken in front of Samson and Golliath the 2 Belfast cranes, Crumlin jail (which is limited for parking but I've an idea for that) and then weather dependant we could all head in convoy to the dark hedges for photos or sight see after an evening meal as it's best in late evening / witching hour.

Day 3 would be best for the coastal route with Bushmills, giants causeway all along same route and could finish on Portstewart beach that you can drive onto and I could arrange a mg rover meet for that evening if people wanted.

Day 4 would likely be best for the big drive to Baleek pottery and the stunning Marble arch caves in Enniskillen. About 80 mins from Belfast but 2 of the best attractions in the country.

Day 5 would easily squeeze something in early morning depending on who takes what ferries and what time but if not don't want to rush people. Nothing in NI is more than 90 mins from any of our ferry ports.

I would be thinking of getting discounts on everything as groups and bookings etc.

Has anyone any requests. I'm suggesting the jail which could also be part of the Belfast tour of the town on an open top bus which is very educational.

Opinions. I'd try and keep costs down.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote