View Single Post
Old 4th December 2020, 13:22   #13
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Well if that's what he's thinking then he's not entirely correct. He's overtaking immediately before a junction. There's a vehicle waiting to emerge from the junction and the vehicle in front of him is indicating to turn left and slowing down. What does he think will happen? If he's supposed to be a 'professional' or at least experienced driver there is no way he'd contemplate the risk of overtaking in such a dangerous spot. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when you mention 'bad egg' .
Most car drivers would benefit from both large vehicle driving and motorcycle experience.
I think the HGV drivers mistake was assuming the van driver was competent, it would have been perfectly safe to move around a slowing vehicle if everyone obeyed the rules of the road...ie not pull out in front of another vehicle from a minor road. We also don't know how much warning the OP gave, all to often people use indicators as something to tell other road users they know they are turning NOW and not putting them on early enough to give people chance to ease off, increase gaps and travel smoothly which to any HGV is important for both the vehicle and the fuel consumption! 2 miles to the litre when cruising for mine....when having to accelerate 44tonnes I daren't contemplate.
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote