View Single Post
Old 16th March 2020, 08:36   #355
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I think that EVs are here to stay. Nothing really wrong with them as such. But just one thing is and will hold them back..........electricity.It comes down to knowledge, of electricity. Perpetual motion:- I think we all know there is no such thing, do we not? Electricity is of great benefit to man, Sorry and woman. The point I am getting at is this. Electricity has to be created, alongside anything that has to use it. Stay with me.You can only use electricity once. It can only be used once, then it has gone.You can not recycle it. Therefore, the generation of it must be continuous. It already is continuous, but to cope with all the EVs that are forecast to be produced in the future, where is all this electricity going to come from? We already have a gross deficit of production capacity for electricity in this country and have to import it from different countries, France being the main supplier, along with Norway and Holland I think it is? If every country pushes EVs, they will have less capacity to sell electric to ourselves, so where does it come from? Answers on the back of a microdot please to:- HMG, 10 Downing Street..

Last edited by bl52krz; 16th March 2020 at 08:41..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote