View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 21:05   #17
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Seing as photo bucket killed all my old posts I thought I'd upload current photos of her.

Firstly Meteors are of pending summertime refurbishment, likely sparkle silver but tempted by ceramic polishing with a laquor over the top.

Mean time I've taken my spare set of crowns that havnt seen a cleaning since brand new, however they have excellent tyres, so I'd experimented with a few products until I used clover oven cleaner of all things and got it all off in about 10 minutes an alloy without a jet wash.

Previously at Christmas pre MOT it had new springs, top mounts, drop links, lower arms, lower arm bushes, control arms and a few other bits fitted by local MG Rover expert Mark at MGR-NI because I've been too busy working to have time off to sort my own stuff!!

Today I was sorting out a few minor issues, handbrake adjustment, new under tray and clips by Discount MG ROVER spares.

Finally I took to sorting the paint out, removing all the fallout, chimney soot and slime the car had built up since September.

To finish it off I've fitted my Crown alloys that I degunked back to almost brand new. The meteors will be going for refurb before the summer season starts however I adore how it looks now.

Car looks excellent now, and bar one more job (back door handle occasionally jams) it's ready for MOT.

Sadly with the MOT situation disaster in Northern Ireland it looks like May before the none urgent cars will be tested.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote